Wednesday, May 7, 2008

the days are just packed!

i absolutely LOVE calvin and hobbes.  those two are my favorite cartoons of all time.  it just always reminds me of playing outside when i was a kid, and reminds me that i should be playing outside NOW.  

needless to say...i'm anxious for some Summershiners to get here.  Ryan couldn't get here today, he was having some side-effects from a tetanus shot.  I know it's gotta be a huge bummer for him to wait another day, and it's definitely given me some extra time that i have no idea what to do with.  i'm thinking about taking an adventure down to Avon and go eat somewhere just to keep me from sitting around here being unproductive.  I could say i'm "scouting the area."  None of the local ice cream shops are open yet!  But oh man...when they do, i should probably just go ahead and move there.  The Village Conery.  As Shayne calls it...the Sean Connery.  No clue why...it's just funny!

I'm slightly nervous about speaking Sunday morning.  I had one of my neighbors (a permanent camper here) tell me just a few minutes ago that she was excited about hearing me speak this summer.  I think I'm gonna do a quick 10 or so minute talk on forgiveness, and the parable Jesus tells in Matthew 18.  Forgiving is NOT natural, forgetting is NOT forgiving, and in order to forgive I can't forget the forgiveness that God has shown me.  I promise I won't present it like that, because that could get CRAZY confusing!  somebody might forget to forgive or forgive themselves of forgetting without ever remembering what they forgot...you know?!  dangerous.  

Jenny is almost done with the scrapbook for her dad!  She is absolutely AMAZING at scrapbooking.  Same with photography.  and you know what?  my sister is amazing at photography too!  they're straight up professional. As in like...they both are paid to go places and take pictures.  I don't like seeing myself in pictures.  I better get used to it QUICK.  

that's all!  keep this campground in your prayers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You mean you haven't gotten use to seeing yourself in photos yet????????? You WILL have a 3 month break from all the photo action by me :)
That's great that the workampers are looking forward to hearing what GOD has to say through you. cool stuff!